Flowerdew's

Renovation                

 

Molly and Ray Flowerdew extend a warm welcome to their Tearoom and home, a project that has been in the making for some years now.
We have both dreamt of sometime opening an establishment of this kind and after much searching came across this historic building in Bromyard.
Much renovation and updating has been necessary before our opening, but many original features can still been seen including some of the original oak laths.

Molly trained and worked as a florist for more than 20 years, and Ray has worked in transport most of his working life and they came together whilst working in chilled transport and distribution, they both share a passion for food and wish for others to share it with them.


Flowerdew’s Tearoom and Gift Shop can be found in a 16th century ‘Timber Framed’ building overlooking the Market Square in Bromyard.

The building has been the Studio and home of a renowned artist for the past approx 30 years, and was previously the home of the town’s former library from 1947-1979; previous to 1947 the Eckley family ran a Druggist, and it has also been the home of a Surgeon and Apothecary and a former Vinegar Distillery.

At the front of the building, above the bay windows and between the balconies is the now famous and risqué clock “Belle of Bromyard” (an automation clock) which was added to the front of the building for the millennium, it was designed by Michael N Oxenham, (who worked from his studio here), and was carved and automated by Robert Race a master “Toymaker”, it depicts an artist and his model and chimes each hour.

Enjoy the old with some new at Flowerdew’s where we hope you will relax with a ‘Pot of Tea’ maybe some ‘Comfort Food’ and peruse some history, we also display and sell some local crafts, and some gift ideas, visit and see what else is on offer.

 

© Flowerdew's 2007.│ Site design and hosting by exego